OUR MISSION, VISION AND VALUES
To improve the health and reduce the burden of illness for the people of New Hampshire – especially the vulnerable and underserved.
Our Vision: Good Health and Realized Potential for All
New Hampshire's prosperity depends on healthy people, strong families and vibrant communities. We envision a culture that supports the physical, mental and social well-being of all people -- through every stage of life.
We define health broadly: "Health is the state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being – not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." (World Health Organization)
What do we mean when we speak of New Hampshire's people? As a foundation, we address the needs of specific populations and communities rather than the needs of individuals. We have both a local and a state-wide focus as we work to improve health care systems that will benefit vulnerable and underserved residents in our state.
Sound values and careful stewardship inform good decisions. They are the compass for the decisions and behaviors of our staff, Board and Advisory Council.
- Equity: The Endowment for Health will promote equity and fairness in all of its actions and decisions.
- Courage: The Endowment for Health will have the courage to live up to its mission.
- Partnership: The Endowment for Health will work in partnership with the people of New Hampshire.
- Compassion: The Endowment for Health will approach its work with compassion and understanding for all of the people in the larger community of our state.
- Integrity: The Endowment for Health will conduct itself with integrity in all of its actions and relationships.
- Respect: The Endowment for Health will treat everyone with respect.